What is an in-app event?
An In-App event can be defined as step or a particular stage within the app’s navigation flow that completes a given process.
For instance, in an e-Commerce mobile app, some of the in-app events could be:
1. Registration: Entering information about one’s self to create an account
2. Login: Entering the credentials to login to the app
3. Search: Actively looking for or seeking out something via a keyword
4. Add to Cart: Including items in one’s virtual shopping cart to be purchased
5. Payment: Completing a purchase transaction in which one has bought an item or items
In-app events are means to map user journeys in an app which are then used in an marketing campaign definition.